Sunday, March 27, 2011

Look what I did this week!

My friend Kim, blogger extraordinaire, over at Yep, they are all mine has a new thing called "Grab a beer and look what I did last week." In the spirit of blogging, friendship, and friendly blogging, I'm participating, even though I think it's really selfish of Kim to start a tradition involving beer when I'm going to be pregnant for four more long months. But I digress. Here we go.


grab a beer button


Everybody, grab a beer raspberry leaf tea and look what I did last week!

The weather this week was incredibly disgusting. It was rainy and windy, the kind of rainy and windy where your umbrella turns inside out and your pants get soaked. I spent much of the week hunkered down inside; understandably, there are no pictures of that. Here's what was worth documenting from this gray, soggy week:

(1) We celebrated Asher's friend Lilli's birthday at Bouncetown in El Dorado Hills. Omg, this place is sooo much better than Bounceopolis in Folsom. Why did I not know about this sooner? Asher spent the whole time going down the big slides. I am fascinated by how he can be so fearful about things that seem innocuous and then so brave about things that I would think he'd be scared of, like these slides.


Then it was back to Lilli's house for pizza and cupcakes. No surprise, my kid loves cupcakes.

 We tried to get a nice group shot of the kids. This was the best we could do.
Declined to be photographed: Liam

(2) A serious need for retail therapy, plus the fact that all my boots just bit the dust, got me out in the rain to Nordstrom Rack, the best place ever for shopping for anything you'd ever need. I came away with boots, cardigans, dish towels, tights, a cake server, and cocktail napkins.
Rain boots and fancy cowboy boots? Yes, please.

(3) Pedis and cocktails (or mocktails in my case) with some of the hot mamas. I hadn't had a pedicure since October, and the toe situation was getting pretty dire.
Much better!
As an aside, are the flowers on the toes a California thing or just a thing that has popped up in the last several years? I don't recall ever seeing flowers on the toes of anyone when I lived in Michigan or North Carolina. Midwesterners, I need answers here!

(4) I made these cookies, which I swear were the best cookies I have ever made!! I substituted milk chocolate toffee pieces (available next to the chocolate chips in the baking aisle) for the chocolate chips, and OH MY GOODNESS!! Sorry there aren't pics; I didn't know they would be anything special, and now, 24 hours later, there is only one left. I am going to try every combination of toffee chips, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and nuts in this recipe.

(5) I like to clean house on Sunday afternoon and Monday morning to start the week out (sort of) fresh. Things have usually been neglected on Friday and Saturday, so I need to swoop in on Sunday before we get nominated for Hoarders or something. Seriously, how does a house go from fine to wrecked in, like, a nanosecond??
I swear this kitchen was JUST clean!!
This too!
Oh what a glamorous life I lead!!




2 comments:

  1. I am actually not THAT selfish. I let you take the bottom bunk at Erin's house, even though I was drunk and totally could have fallen off the top. I'm a giver.

    Love this post, and thanks for linking up, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you were afraid that my big preggo self would crash through the top bunk and kill you in your sleep... ;)

    ReplyDelete