Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Playroom pillow makeover, part 2

I also whipped this up using leftover orange felt (from my old tootsie roll costume project, for those of you who remember that gem):

Unlike the ruffle pillow, this couldn't have been easier. I basically just followed steps 1, 7, 8, and 9 from the ruffle pillow tutorial, adjusting the measurements for this pillow form (and I didn't even do the sewing in step 7). Then I took fun oversized buttons and sewed them on the top flap. These aren't working buttons, because I don't know how to sew buttonholes (one of those things I'll learn later). This is true fakin' it. I also stuck some double-stick velcro under the flap just to help it keep its shape. I might sew the velcro to reinforce it later. And voila. This is a quickie project, like much less than an hour if you don't make any mistakes. And it cost me less than $2 since I only had to buy the buttons!

And here's a teaser for the next pillow project (not a quickie!!):


1 comment: